I had a comment just now asking for resources for partners. I am a survivor and have been involved with women who are survivors. I think that most of this will be applicable to partners of survivors of all genders.
Partners will find these posts particularly useful:
- Car Crash – or what PTSD and complex PTSD is like
- Primer for Partners of Sexual Abuse Survivors
- What not to say to survivors of childhood sexual assault
- Sexual Orientation and Sexual Abuse
- Rules of Kvetching Applied to Survivors
- How are Memories of Childhood Sexual Assault Different
- And any of the posts in the healing how to section
5 thoughts on “Help for Partners of Childhood Sexual Assault Survivors”
Pingback: Primer for Partners of Sexual Abuse Survivors | May We Dance Upon Their Graves
thank you, thank you, thank you a thousand times over. I will be sending this to my husband as I know he is drowning in his own way trying to figure out this mess.
Yes, it’s very hard on the people who love us isn’t it? They have to do their own grieving stages too. All blessings to you and your husband.
I have found these posts to be incredibly helpful. In fact, I added several to my resource pages. Here is a link to my For Partners and Supporters of Survivors of Abuse Resource Page:
Thanks, Kate! I’m glad they were helpful too!